Best Live Roulette Strategies – Top 3 Betting Systems that Work
Considered the most thrilling game, Roulette tables are open for players who love taking risks. Spin the wheel and see the best Roulette strategies out there!
Roulette Rules for Beginners
Are there any strategies to maximize your Roulette payouts?
The short answer is yes! By implementing an old school betting system in your live Roulette strategy, you will get better overall results from your wagers and become profitable.
But, you still have to remember one thing before commencing your gameplay: choose only the safest live casinos on the market! We’ve got you covered with dozens of options, verified and tested by our team of professionals.
Before we dive into the more advanced matters, here’s a quick refresher of the basic Roulette rules that you should consider before you start playing:
- The divisions around the wheel are labeled with numbers from 1 to 36 alternating black and red;
- There are two types of Roulette versions – American and European; the latter version is better because it only has one Zero division, compared to two Zeros on the American variant;
- Before the wheel spin, you will have to place your desired bets;
- Once the Roulette wheel stops, if the ball lands on the number or color you bet on, you will be paid based on the Roulette payouts for your wager.
Now, let’s have a look at all the available Roulette bets:
The outside bets are placed on the Roulette table’s perimeter and represent groups of colours or numbers. The payouts are set to 1:1 or 2:1, and you have a nearly 50% chance of landing the correct value.
- Red/Black – Choose whether the next number will be red or black;
- High/Low – Bet on whether the next number will fall within 1-18 range(low) or 19-36 range(high);
- Odd/Even – You bet on whether the next number is even or odd;
- Column – in Roulette, there are three available columns, and you can bet on either of them for a payout of 2:1, which essentially means double your bet;
- Dozen – this bet covers a dozen of numbers such as 1-12, 13-24, 25-36. Each dozen has a 2:1 payout.
Keep in mind!
Since the Roulette wheel has one or two green zero numbers on it, your chances of landing a successful outside bet are 48.60% for the European version and 47.40% for the American one.
The small percentage that makes your Roulette odds lower than 50% is the house edge, ensuring that the casino will be profitable in the long run.
- Straight Up – bet on any number, and if the ball stops on it, the payout will be 35:1;
- Street – betting on any number on a row of three numbers(e.g., 1,2,3; 4,5,6; etc.) with a payout potential of 11:1;
- Split – instead of betting on a single number, you put your money on the line that separates two numbers. If the wheel stops on either of those, you will be rewarded with a 17:1 payout;
- Line – Similar to the Street bet, but you cover two rows of three numbers, such as 1-6, 13-18, or 31-36, and your payout potential is 5:1;
- Top Line Bet – wagering your money on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 with a payout of 6:1. This bet has the worst odds of winning, with 13.16% of landing;
- Basket – also referred to as the first four-bet, you have to bet on 0-1-2-3, and the payoff is set to 6:1 if the ball lands on either of them.
How do they work?
In this case, you will essentially wager your money on the numbers inside the rectangle. Most Roulette strategies out there use the outside bets since the odds of winning are close to 50%.
Since now you have a good understanding of how Roulette works, it’s time to move on to some advanced strategies that can maximize your winnings.
Is There Any Roulette Strategy That Actually Works?
Throughout the years, many gamblers have been trying to beat the house by developing statistically validated Roulette strategies that worked like a Swiss knife on paper. However, casinos quickly found out that exploits can potentially put them out of business.
That was the moment they invented the house edge!
The house edge is a statistical advantage meant to ensure that the casino will always win in the long run. While specific Roulette strategies can bring you some impressive payouts, remember that luck plays a crucial part in the outcome.
Once the bets are in and the Roulette wheel starts spinning, there’s not much you can do to influence the ball’s final position. However, there are a few feasible Roulette strategies that you can implement in your gameplay and get a higher win ratio in the short term.
Below, we will explore the best Roulette strategies tested by our team of casino experts:
The Martingale System – Recommended for High Rollers
If you have gambled in an online casino in the past, you might have used the Martingale Roulette strategy without even knowing the name.
This Roulette system works on a simple principle
You will end up winning a bet sooner or later!
Roulette Betting Strategy Explained
Essentially, with Martingale, you will have to double your bet if you lose a round until you eventually win a game. Sounds good, right? If you start by betting $10 and lose and then make a winning $20 wager, you will recoup your initial bet.
However, if you’re unlucky and lose that $20 bet, you will have to double your wager to $40. If you lose that one too, you already have to bet $80, and so on. So, suppose you will have a long bad luck streak. In that case, you might reach the casino’s maximum betting limit, and you will lose your progression without being able to recover.
But there’s a catch: maximum bet imposed by the casino
To ensure that people aren’t abusing the Martingale system, casinos have capped the maximum Roulette bet, making it very difficult to win significant amounts of money by using this strategy. Therefore, this Roulette betting strategy can be considered a way of playing against your losses without capitalizing on winning rounds.
That’s because the system has a negative flow since you’re doubling the bet value after each loss. Mathematically speaking, you will win $10 on average quite often. Still, when a losing streak happens (which is more or less inevitable), you will lose a significant amount of money, which you won’t be able to cover from your previous wins.
Bear in mind!
Make sure to only choose the best real money casinos out there, that value fair gambling and are attested by specialized regulatory bodies in the industry. Our experts tested them all and compiled a list to choose the one that suits you most!
Paroli Betting System – Ideal for Beginners
Many Roulette odds experts recommend the Paroli system to beginner gamblers. That’s because it is a positive system where you want to capitalize on previous wins. Essentially, the Paroli players rely on the fact that more wins follow wins.
How does it work?
Similarly to the Martingale systems, the chances of getting a winning streak vary based on your luck. Here’s how it works: increase the bet value after each win until you reach three winning streaks and revert your bet to the initial value.
Suppose you start with $10 and win. The next bet is $20, and if you win that one, you will wager $40. Then, if you win the third time, keep your earnings and begin a new series of bets, starting with the initial $10.
If you want to be successful with the Paroli Roulette strategy, you need to understand that you won’t win every time, so it’s better to stick with betting in rounds of three instead of attempting to double your wagers infinitely.
Use this strategy wisely! – Our expert advice
From our experience, the most efficient use of the Paroli system with the 3-win method is after your bankroll has gone up. So, even if you win your first bet, you shouldn’t increase it.
Instead, make the same bet, and if that one is a winner as well, you should go full Paroli and double your bet. Also, remember that any loss means that you return to the initial amount you’ve wagered.
Let’s suppose you start with $1000 in your bankroll. Here’s an example of the Paroli Roulette strategy in action:
As you may notice, the pattern is quite exciting – the first two bets, if won, will bring your bankroll to $1020. If you make the third bet of $20 and lose it, you will even out your balance and try using the Paroli again.
As far as betting systems go, the Paroli strategy is by far one of the safer alternatives, mainly because you increase your bets after winning and only bet in sequences of three rounds. Therefore, if you won’t try to be a hero and get an extended winning streak, you will surely enjoy using this betting system more than others.
The D’Alembert System – Efficient Roulette Strategy for New Players
The D’Alembert winning Roulette strategy is widely popular in casinos because it comes with a lower risk than the other available systems.
Insights into the strategy
Instead of doubling your bet, you simply increase it by 1 unit after a loss and decrease your wager by 1 unit after a win.
To use this strategy, you will have to first decide your unit’s value, representing the foundation of the D’Alembert strategy. You can choose any value for your unit. Still, we recommend not going above 1% of your bankroll since you will eventually bet more units at once, meaning that your balance will be quickly drained.
Using this system to increase your Roulette odds is quite simple! Gradually increase your betting value if you lose and lower it when you win. Start with one unit and keep adding or removing as you progress.
Here’s an example of how the D’Alembert works (assuming that the unit is 10):
As you might notice, the number of wins and losses are equal, meaning that even if you get a 50% win rate, you get a chance of turning a profit. Additionally, the D’Alembert system is also beginner-friendly since the progression is not as steep, meaning that you are protected from reaching the limit.
While the D’Alembert Live Roulette strategy has a low risk, you shouldn’t expect to get huge wins from it. Think about it – if you bet small, your winnings will also be small, but if you get a balanced win/loss ratio, you will turn a profit in the short run.
The All In Roulette Strategy – For Adrenaline Rush Lovers
While there isn’t any formula that mathematically backs the all-in strategy, it still makes sense to try it out.
The ins and outs of this strategy
Think about it this way – you start with a bankroll of $100. If you place all your money on an even bet, you have a nearly 50% of doubling your balance within a few seconds or losing everything just as quickly.
Well, there are plenty of gamblers that enjoy the thrill of taking great risks, hoping to double their money. If you view gambling as a form of entertainment, you probably want to spend your bankroll anyway, without trying to learn any complex mathematical systems.
Bonus Chapter: Other Strategies
James Bond Roulette Strategy
Everyone knows the famous 007 agent from the world-renowned franchise with the same name. Yet, did you know that there is actually a Roulette betting strategy that bears his name?
Basically, you must place the same bet in every round.
Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
The Fibonacci sequence dates back to 200BC and implies creating a new number based on the sum between the two previous ones. It starts from zero and goes to infinity.
This algorithm applies to Roulette, yet can be quite controversial since experts have noticed an increase in losses with this method.
Romanosky Roulette Strategy
Being one of the most complex strategies out there, this method relies on 32 numbers and 8 chips/round. However, players must give up on 5 numbers.
This strategy has a higher win rate than the others, amounting to 86%.
Our advice: Don’t overspend!
If you’re not afraid of risking it all on a single spin, you might end up winning a decent amount, especially if you hit a winning streak.
However, if you lose and want to keep playing, even though you’ve already consumed your gambling budget, stop and look for professional help. Gambling addiction is a serious matter, and action should be taken right away!
Pros and Cons of Playing Live Roulette
- Convenience – Since the live Roulette rules are the same as the traditional one, you will be able to enjoy a truly immersive casino simulation from the comfort of your home, without having to spend money or time on driving to the nearest land-based casino.
- Real-Time Streaming – the games are happening live, which means that you can directly interact with the dealers. On top of that, you are guaranteed that you’re playing in a secure environment since a professional studio is responsible for bringing you the entertainment directly to your screen.
- Wide Variety of Options Available – with live Roulette, you can choose from hundreds of options, all with different dealers and betting limits.
- Tailor-made bonuses – casinos create special incentives that can bring you bonus cash that can be used to maximize your Roulette payouts.
- The game is relatively slow – compared to digital Roulette, you will have to wait for everyone to place their bets and then for the entire spin to complete, which can take a while, especially if you’re used to regular online Roulette payouts speed.
- Betting limits prevent you from using specific Roulette strategies – all Roulette games have a betting limit, which is aimed to restrict players from using abusive tactics that might lower the house advantage.
- You may lost the Internet connection – probably won’t happen precisely to you, but it may be a possibility to get disconnected while you place your bet.
The Bottom Line
Live Roulette technology has revolutionized the online gambling industry, allowing more players to enjoy some real wheel-spinning action without having to leave their homes.
Our team has concluded that the best Roulette strategy that works for a total beginner might be the Paroli system since you risk less by doubling your wins. However, all the techniques mentioned in this article will work in the short term, but we kindly recommend them.
Our final tip
Before you open up the live Roulette session, you need to understand that the house will always win in the long run, and there is no way to influence the outcome of the wheel. Make sure you choose one of the viable Roulette systems and remember to gamble responsibly!