Tips And Tricks For Claiming Online Casino Bonuses In Canada
Casino bonuses support your play budget by allowing you to wager more. Our experts will show you how to find the right bonus and how to claim it.
- What to Claim: Sticky vs Non-sticky Bonuses
- How to Claim Online Casino Bonuses In 3 Steps
- Common Mistakes to Avoid When Claiming Casino Bonuses
- Concluding Remarks: Should You Claim a Bonus?
What to Claim: Sticky vs Non-sticky Bonuses
Simply put, with non-sticky casino bonuses, you can cash out your deposit anytime, while sticky bonuses only allow you to withdraw after completing the wagering requirements.
Learn to find the best casino offer for you:
- A non-sticky bonus works better if you’re a high roller because you can withdraw a lot, regardless of wagering requirements
- Sticky bonuses are better suited for casual players. With a sticky bonus, you get more playing time than quick cash-outs
- Settle for a sticky bonus with low rollover rules
- Because the non-sticky bonus allows you to withdraw any remaining deposit after completing the playthrough, make sure that you pick one with a low cash-out limit
- Pick sticky or non-sticky bonuses that apply to high RTP games or jackpots. This is a true advantage, as many promotions impose game restrictions
- Choose sticky or non-sticky top casino bonuses that allow multiple game options if you prefer to pick your titles
How to calculate the actual value of a casino bonus
Subtract from the bonus amount your probable losses, according to your rollover and the RTP of eligible games. Compare it with the maximum cashout limit of the bonus.
- Bonus amount: C$100
- Rollover: 35x C$100 = C$3500
- Game restrictions: bonus only applies to Live Roulette (97.30% RTP)
- Maximum cashout: C$200
Probable losses: C$3500 – (C$3500 x 97.30%) = C$94.5.
True bonus value: C$100 – C$94.5 = C$5.5.
The maximum cashout limit is enough to accommodate a cashout of C$105.5.
Compare your bonus to the Canadian industry standard
|Bonus terms||Canada industry standard|
Slots, keno, video poker, table games
Maximum payout limits
How to choose reputable online casinos in Canada
- Check if the casino is licensed by a recognized authority
- Look for game fairness certifications, like eCOGRA
- Pick a casino with reliable 24/7 support
- Ensure the game selection includes your favourite game types and titles
Examples of reputable casinos:
Find out more about them in the casino reviews we provide.
How to Claim Online Casino Bonuses In 3 Steps
In order to successfully claim an online casino bonuses, follow the next steps:
Step 1: Registration and bonus codes
- Click on the Register or Sign Up button
- Type in the personal details required in the registration form
- Type in the bonus code when required
Some casinos require you to enter the bonus code right after the registration process, especially when claiming casino bonuses without payment.
Let’s explore an example:
This site has a typical 3-stage sign-up procedure:
- Create a unique username
- Enter your email address
- Create a secure password
- Confirm your password
- Choose your currency
- Type in your birth date
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Accept the casino’s terms and conditions
- Complete the captcha verification protocol
Once you complete these stages, you will receive a confirmation email.
To receive the promotion, you need to go to your account profile by clicking on the icon on the top right corner of your screen and head down to the Promotions section, where you will find a specific slot for your bonus code.
Enter the correct bonus code and click the Activate Bonus button.
Step 2: Making one or multiple deposits
Depending on the casino policy, you can go about claiming casino bonuses on deposit in two main ways:
- Some casinos require you to register, then head to the cashier section and make a deposit. While making a deposit, you can claim a bonus on the spot. Then, all you need to do is either enter the bonus code of your preferred promotion or choose the promotion by clicking on it
- Other casinos need you to access their promotions section and select your bonus from there. Once you click it, you will be redirected to the payments section, where you can make the payment to receive your bonus
In the case of welcome packages that require multiple deposits, you must:
- Make sure you make the next deposit within the time allocated in the promotional T&Cs
- Ensure you’ve fulfilled the wagering requirements of the reward you received on your previous deposit
- Click the Claim button for the reward before you deposit (otherwise, you run the risk of just making a payment without opting for the bonus)
If the last condition is unavailable, you must select the reward for your subsequent payment from the Deposit section or use a specific bonus code when depositing.
Free Spino‘s welcome promotion is a good example of a reputable online casinos which allows users to get multiple rewards on their three first deposits made on the platform.
In order to claim a Free Spino’s Welcome Package you have to:
- Click on your account
- Head to the My Profile section
- Go to the Promotions section
- Enter the bonus code for your first deposit
- Click on Activate Bonus
- Go to the casino’s main page and click the Deposit section
- Make your deposit, and the bonus will appear automatically in your account
Repeat the process for the 2nd and 3rd deposit bonuses. Each deposit reward in the welcome package has a different bonus code.
Step 3: Manual activation of free spins
Suppose a free spins bonus does not automatically appear in your account after introducing the bonus code or following other instructions. In that case, you may have to manually activate it by contacting the casino support operators.
For instance, the Energy Casino free spins should activate automatically when you click the activation link.
Should this not happen, you would have to:
- Click the live chat button
- Provide your account information
- Give the exact name of the offer and describe it in detail
Live chat operators should then provide you with your bonus rounds.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Claiming Casino Bonuses
|Practices to avoid when claiming bonuses||Expert explanation|
Do not claim more than one sign-up bonus from the same casino
If the operator observes this when verifying your account, you will lose your bonus and winnings and may be banned from further incentives
Claim only one sign-up bonus from casinos owned by the same company
This is as serious as the previous example and has similar consequences
Do not bet over the limit imposed in the bonus terms when completing the playthrough
This classifies as unfair completion of the wagering requirements and may lose you your bonus
Do not play any restricted games with bonus funds
You will lose all remaining bonus funds and any resulting winnings
Do not finalize a deposit before performing a clear action of claiming the bonus
In this case, the money will enter your account but not bonus funds. In the case of registration or sign-up bonuses, this means you may lose any future chance of claiming them
Concluding Remarks: Should You Claim a Bonus?
You should consider claiming casino bonuses to extend your sessions without harming your budget.
If you decide that casino bonuses are a good option for you, please remember the following points:
- Get informed about the bonus policy before claiming casino bonuses
- Choose reputable casinos to ensure fair play and secure transactions
- Consider the bonus amount and type. Claim bonuses that fit your gambling style and budget
- Pick low-wagering offers
- Always choose promotions without maximum payout limits, if possible
- Stick to games that count towards bonus play to meet wagering requirements faster
- Check the validity period when claiming casino bonuses. Make sure you use the bonus before it expires
To conclude: by claiming casino bonuses, you protect your budget and extend your gambling session, but it’s crucial that you use them responsibly.
Be aware that terms and conditions can limit your options and potentially cost you money.
Use our guide to choose wisely and always gamble with care!