Play Free Online Blackjack Games [No Download Required]
After running an in-depth analysis of all the free versions of this game available online, our team of casino experts has compiled a complete list of the best free games that you can play directly from your browser.
Keep reading to discover the most popular variants in Canada!
How to play free Blackjack?
Even though there are lots of free versions available online, after playing for a while, you’ll discover that the game’s basics remain unchanged. In case you need a refresher, here is a quick step-by-step guide that will get you on the right track with the game:
- The goal is to beat or “bust” the dealer by getting a hand that is closer but not over 21;
- The score is calculated based on the your cards value – Cards from 2 to 10 are worth the written value, face cards (J, Q, K) are worth 10 points, and Aces can be either one or 11 points;
- Before the dealing begins, all players have to place their bets, which might have a limit depending on the version you’re playing;
- Each player receives two cards face up, while the dealer only has one of the two cards facing up;
- Once the dealing is done, you get to choose if you want to hit (draw an additional card) or stand (keep the hand as it is);
- If you didn’t go bust (your hand value is over 21), the dealer will reveal his cards, and you’ll find out who won;
- Getting a better hand than the dealer’s will double your bet amount.
Depending on the variant you’re playing, there might be some other side bets or features available. These include doubling down, which allows you to double your bet and draw an additional card, and insurance bet, which becomes available if the dealer shows an Ace. If his face-down card has a value of 10, you will double your bet.
Now that you have an overview of how to gamble on free Blackjack, it’s time to move on to more advanced betting systems that you can use to lower the house edge and get better results during a gaming session.
Unless you’re experienced with this game, we highly recommend avoiding the insurance bet. Casino experts estimate that the house has nearly a 6% house advantage over the player. Even if you get Blackjack, you will only get your original bet back. In case the dealer also shows a Blackjack when you get it, it will tie anyway, meaning that the insurance bet will be obsolete.
Top 5 most popular Blackjack variants
Throughout the years, casinos have developed a wide range of options. However, the game’s aim remains the same – get a better hand than your opponent without going bust.
After testing the free versions available online, we have identified 5 of the most popular choices that you should try:
With a relatively high house edge of 0.62%, the European version is one of the most common free options available on online casinos. You can double down after splitting, but you will automatically lose your total bet if the dealer gets 21.
The unique feature of this game is that it allows players to place side bets on pairs, which can increase your earnings. You can wager the pair side bet on either the dealer or the player’s hand, and you get to choose from colour, mixed and perfect pair.
3. Blackjack Switch
This is a game in which you are dealt two hands in the beginning. Here’s the catch – you have the option to switch the best two cards between them. However, if the dealer gets a hard 22, it is considered a tie.
4. Atlantic City Blackjack
The Atlantic version of the game is one of the most popular since its rules are in player’s favour. With a house edge of around 0.36%, the game is played with eight decks and allows players to surrender. On top of that, the opponent must stand on a hand that has a value ranging between 17 and 21.
5. Blackjack Surrender
Surrender is a rule that allows you to fold your hand in the middle of your round and recover 50% of your bet. The surrender feature is excellent, especially if you have a weak starting hand since it reduces the house edge by approximately 0.09%. If you’re playing this, make sure you take advantage of this feature.
Free online Blackjack strategy
One primary advantages of playing free Blackjack is that it lets you to train your skills and develop a strategy that can lower the house edge without spending any real money in the process.
If you want to learn more, our team has developed a complete Blackjack strategy guide to teach you how to implement betting systems and identify patterns in your playstyle. From the best starting hands to advanced card counting techniques, you will be more than ready to play like a pro!
Here is a quick overview of the best openers:
- 21 Blackjack – getting an Ace in combination with any 10-value card (10, J, Q, K) will result in an instant win on all versions;
- Hard 20 – starting with two 10-value cards will give you 20 points in total. We recommend keeping the cards instead of splitting since your winning odds are great.
- Soft 18 – if you start with an Ace and a 7, you have a wide range of decisions you can make, and by using specific strategies, you will be able to improve your winning chance.
While these basic strategies will help you get better results, at least in the short-run, there are some tricks that can boost your gameplay even more. Read on to discover the top 5 secrets that professionals use to dominate the casino floor.
Most online casinos are against card counting since it will lower their house edge, meaning that they will be less profitable in the long-run. That’s why some versions of free Blackjack are played with up to 8 decks of cards at once, making it nearly impossible for you to keep track of all the cards.
5 tips from Blackjack pros
After interviewing some prominent players, we’ve compiled a list of five tricks that any beginner should implement in their playstyle:
- Start small and scale over time – even if you have a considerable balance available, it’s best to avoid wagering large stacks from the beginning. Instead, start small and try to get the pulse of the game. With training, you will be able to determine if the dealer is hot or cold, which can drastically improve your odds, even if you’re playing free Blackjack;
- Remember that gambling myths aren’t real – even though this game can be played with more players, it’s essential to avoid taking advice or making decisions based on their gameplay. Instead, try focusing on your hand and remember that none of casino superstitions are backed by scientific evidence;
- Avoid getting burned – as Frank Scoblete said in his book “Beat Blackjack Now,” it’s important to set a limit of how much you can afford to lose without limiting your potential winnings. According to surveys, nearly 75% of players will be on a winning streak at some point, but just 4% will actually cash out on their winnings and go home.
- Know when it’s time to quit – If you notice that you’re on a losing streak, you should never keep betting. Instead, you can win by stopping and saving the money you’ve won so far;
- Never split 10s – getting two identical ten-value cards will allow you to split your hand in two. While beginners might be tempted to go for this move, experts suggest that standing is the better decision since your hand value is 20, meaning that the croupier can only beat you if they get a 21.
Now that you have a better understanding of how to play free online Blackjack, it’s time to start the game and learn the basics while improving your odds by implementing a viable strategy.
Once you’re feeling confident enough, you can grab an attractive welcome bonus from our site, which will extend your playtime and bring you extra funds or match your initial deposit with a specific percent. Of course, these promotions have a wagering requirement that must be fulfilled before you request a withdrawal. However, it’s still worth starting your journey with a tailor-made promotion since it allows you to master the game and take your skills to the next level.
How to get started with real money Blackjack
Suppose you’ve trained with the free Blackjack for a while, and you feel like you’re ready to go for some real money gameplay. Well, before you move on to the next level, you will have to consider some details. First, you need to make sure you’re playing on a reputable gambling platform that is regulated by a top-tier authority and has a security system that will protect you from data leaks and hackers.
Not sure how can you find this type of platform?
No worries! Here at Casinobonusca, we strive to deliver the highest quality content and only work with trustworthy casino operators. By navigating to our page dedicated to online blackjack real money sites, you’ll find a complete list of best online casinos available in Canada.
Once you’ve chosen a casino platform that you like, sign up for a new account and make your first deposit to get started. You’ll be ready to wager at the table in no time!
The bottom line
Playing free Blackjack is a great way to improve your playstyle since the variants available on our site are simulations of an actual table. By joining the demo versions, you can train and experiment with different strategies and situations for free.
Even though you won’t be allowed to cash out your winnings, free Blackjack is still a form of gambling. Therefore, it’s highly suggested to gamble responsibly and avoid spending too much time at the table. Remember that casinos are a form of entertainment, so having fun should be your main priority!
- Bicyclecards.com – Blackjack
- Familyeducation.com – How to play Blackjack
- Blackjack’s rise and falls shows what drives customers away