How to Use Free Spins from Casino Bonuses
Learn how to use free spins for casino bonuses in the smartest way. Our guide shows you how to get free spins bonuses quickly, easily, and safely.
- How to Get Free Spins?
- How to Choose the Best Bonuses with Spins
- Activation Details
- Top Slots for Wagering Casino Bonuses
- Tried, Tested and Successful Wagering Strategies
- Pros and Cons of Bonuses with Free Spins
How to Get Free Spins?
- Firstly, register with the casino.
- Secondly, get clear on the demands of the particular free rounds bonus type you are claiming.
- Different spins bonus types should be claimed and used differently, and have specific restrictions.
Free spins as part of a no deposit bonus
Free spins as part of a no deposit bonus are promotions that you receive without making a payment, whether you use FIAT coins or look for crypto casinos with Bitcoin free spins.
You should use no deposit free spins to decide whether you like the casino or not before you deposit.
You can test the site interface, check how efficient the customer support team is, explore the game selection, read through the T&Cs and get unrestricted access to the information you need.
Such offers may have some restrictions, such as:
- The maximum cash out is limited to a low amount (usually, $25 or lower);
- The amount of spins received is usually low;
- They may have a short availability of a few days
- They are usually meant to promote a specific slot game, so you won’t be able to choose the titles you want to play;
- Some promotions don’t allow you to cash out your winnings until you make a deposit. So, even if you don’t pay to get the rounds, you may have to pay to cash out your winnings.
Free spins as part of the first deposit bonus
Free spins as part of the first deposit are a type of bonus that casinos offer after you have registered with them and made a minimum first payment into your new player account.
With 1st deposit spins, you can:
- Increase your odds of winning at slots, as these promotions offer more spins than the no deposit bonuses;
- Explore the slot selection of the casino and pick your favourite games.
The main restriction, in this case, is the wagering requirement, which tends to be higher, the more spins you receive.
You may also need to wager the spins and their winnings if the bonus terms require it.
Free spins as part of a welcome package
A welcome package is a promotion offered if you are a new player, have just registered with the casino and are willing to make one or more deposits into your account.
A welcome package usually includes more bonuses, such as:
- No deposit rounds and a match percent bonus.
- A match deposit bonus and/or free rounds for your first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth deposit.
- Several offers on deposit for your first few payments.
If you want to claim free spins as part of your welcome package, you need to know how many minimum deposits you are required to make in order to get the entire number of spins advertised in the bonus.
How to Choose the Best Bonuses with Spins
- Decide: do you want to explore the casino before committing to a deposit, or would you like to start playing right away? This helps you get clear on which type of spins bonus is right for you.
- Check if the number of spins is convenient for your gameplay.
- Make sure you are satisfied with the maximum cash-out allowed in the promotional terms. You don’t want to go through the claiming process, play, win, and then discover that you cannot access all your funds.
- Check the wagering requirements in the T&Cs and choose promotions with 40x wagering or below. Higher wagering will affect your winning odds.
- Look through a no wagering bonus list and identify the promotions that offer spins. In this way, you won’t have to worry about completing a playthrough and can cash out your winnings at any point.
- Make sure you can play high-payout games with your bonus. Look in the bonus terms to learn which games apply and look for the value of their RTP. This should be above 97%.
Special cases: How many spins should you choose?
- For small timeframes of play, use promotions that bring a smaller number, like 10 free spins, 20 free spins or 25 no deposit spins.
- For more time on exploring the casino, including support options, withdrawals and other games, choose 30 no deposit spins or 50 free spins on registration.
- For longer experiences and a wider overview of the casino, try out our selection of 100 free spins no deposit bonuses, which are filtered by payment required values.
You need various activation details, depending on the spins bonus type you want to claim.
To activate them, you must generally:
- Tick a box that allows you to claim the bonus;
- Add a bonus or promo code;
- Contact the casino support team to get the rounds;
- Complete the sign-up process. Some free rounds bonuses are credited automatically into your account after registration.
To claim free spins as 1st deposit bonus or as part of a welcome package, you will also have to deposit a minimum amount successfully into your new player account.
Promotions that offer daily spins may require additional steps for activation every 24 hours.
A bonus code is a string of letters and numbers that signals to the casino operator which spins the bonus you are opting for.
Not providing the bonus code results in you never receiving the bonus rounds.
Be on the lookout for Bonus Code sections when completing the registration process or when you make your deposit.
You will need to enter the code in its specific section when required by the casino.
You may also need to enter the bonus code even if you select the bonus from the casino site’s Promotions/Bonuses section.
Activation through Support
Activation through support is most easily done by using the casino’s live chat option when this is available. Just look for the distinctive support icon, click it, and address the operators.
You may be required a few account details, like:
- Name and date of birth
- Your username or sign-up email address
- Any other information you entered during the registration process
- The specific bonus code of the offer you want to claim, if applicable
Make sure you know and respect the live chat availability schedule.
If the online casino does not provide a live chat feature, look for its support email address in the casino T&Cs, or access the Contact link in the site footer.
Gradual activation in daily sets of free spins
Gradual activation of daily spins should happen if the spins are credited every 24 hours.
To activate your spins, you should usually:
- Sign in to your account every 24 hours;
- Complete the wagering requirements of the spins received previously before you are credited the next batch;
- Check the T&Cs to see if you need to play a certain number of games/a specific game before you receive the spins;
- Be aware of any additional deposits you need to make.
If you are having trouble activating your daily spins, reach out to the customer support team of the casino.
Top Slots for Wagering Casino Bonuses
Book of Dead
Big Bass Bonanza
Online slots that are well-known have always paired up with casinos to promote spin bonuses locked on certain titles. Throughout our investigation, we saw casino game provider profiles like NetEnt free spins, or types for the games listed by us in the table, such as Book of Dead free spins or Starburst free spins.
The editorial team has discovered a resurge of no deposit free spins on Gonzo’s Quest, similar to the other types of free spins locked on popular games.
Eligible vs excluded slots
Eligible slots are the games where you can play using your bonus spins and which count 100% to completing the spins wagering requirements.
Excluded slots do not contribute at all to the playthrough of your spins bonus. Trying to use your bonus spins on excluded slots may cost you your bonus and any winnings acquired.
Tried, Tested and Successful Wagering Strategies
We tried and tested hundreds of wagering strategies before finally pinning down the truly successful ones.
While these cannot guarantee that you will obtain huge winnings, they genuinely increase your chances.
Let’s walk you through them!
Find out how to use free spins bonuses, so as to maximize your winnings.
Playing high-payout slots
High payout slots are slot games that return a high percentage of your stakes back to you, in time.
The return of a slot (RTP) value is high if it reaches above 95%. Playing such slots with your bonus spins, then, gives you a theoretical chance of 95% to get a return.
Check the difference between theoretical RTP and actual returns, for a more accurate understanding of how to calculate the RTP of a game.
Choosing low-wager offers
Choosing low-wager offers allows you to complete the playthrough as quickly as possible, so that, once you accumulate winnings, you are free to cash them right out.
High wagering requirements of above 40 times the bonus amount force you to keep playing, even after a great win because, if the playthrough is not complete, you lose your bonus and winnings.
- But it is risky to keep playing when you are already winning – you stand to lose your funds in the next round.
- Low or no wagering at all is a great strategy that you can employ even before you choose your bonus.
Bankroll and session management
You are much more likely to increase your budget when you play according to it.
- Keeping track of how much you invest in these bonuses;
- Noticing your winnings and losses over regular periods of time such as days and weeks;
- Keeping track of how you invest your time completing the playthroughs, etc.
You can manage your bankroll and session time efficiently by opting for casinos that provide Financial History and Game History tools, and by keeping an eye on the casino’s Reality Check pop-ups.
Setting limits and knowing when to stop
Setting limits and knowing when to stop is the number one strategy that prevents you from losing more than you can afford. And it works every time.
The worst move is losing and chasing the loss by betting even more, in hopes that you may win. This may lead to disastrous situations that endanger your financial safety and mental well-being.
When playing spins bonuses, set self-limits from your game account.
You can either set:
- Daily/weekly/monthly limits on your deposits;
- Daily/weekly/monthly limits on your stakes;
- Daily/weekly/monthly limits on your losses.
By doing this, you prevent developing a gambling addiction and use free rotations bonuses in a safe, responsible way.
Pros and Cons of Bonuses with Free Spins
- Usually require no deposits or low minimum deposits;
- Many spin no deposit bonuses have low or no wagering requirements;
- They help you explore a site before you commit financially;
- They allow you to test the slot selection and discover new titles.
- The more spins you receive, the higher the playthrough;
- Some welcome bonuses and first deposit promotions offer deposit spins in daily batches, rather than all at once;
- May lead to developing a gambling addiction if you don’t set your limits and stick to them.