The best legit online lottery sites in Canada
Discover the best legit online lottery sites in Canada and get your promotion from here! Our gambling experts have tested a variety of lottery sites for Canadian players and have created a list of only the best and most trustworthy ones. Learn about how it works and how to make the most of our deals!
Disclaimer Gambling AddictionGambling can become addictive! CasinoBonusCA under no circumstances does it promote gambling addiction. It strives to keep gambling activities in the entertainment zone by providing educational pages regarding problem gambling characteristics, where to address them, and informational guides on how to keep children safe from gambling.
How online lottery in Canada works
Online lottery in Canada is a game where money is raised by selling tickets with numbers. The winning numbers are drawn at random, and the players with the winning numbers on their tickets get monetary awards. The government regulates the draw system. As you can see, online lotteries work in the same way as physical ones.
In Canada, lottery winnings are not subject to personal income tax, so winners receive their prize in one lump sum.
Lotteries here are administered by five regional organizations which form the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation:
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation;
- Atlantic Lottery Corporation;
- Western Canada Lottery Corporation;
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation.
Lotto Max, Daily Grand, and Lotto 6/49 are the three national lottery games available in Canada for you to play. Ticket prices start at C$3.
Fun fact: The largest jackpot in Canadian lottery history was $70 million and was drawn in Lotto Max on January 7, 2020.
History of online lottery
This type of game has been around for a long time. The first forms of lottery have been recorded during the Han Dynasty between 205 and 187 BC. It is believed that these were used to finance major projects the government had, such as the Great Wall of China.
In Europe, the first lotteries were held during the Roman Empire and had mainly entertainment purposes at dinner parties. The guests would each receive one ticket, and the winners would receive prizes that consisted of dinnerware and other fancy items. Roman Emperor Augustus held the first lottery with tickets for sale. The funds raised were used to repair the City of Rome.
The game quickly gained popularity, and the evolution of technology helped make it even more famous. Online lotteries started to appear, and players in Canada and worldwide had the chance to purchase lottery tickets online. Even more, online lottery sites started creating promotions for their customers, making everything more appealing.
Are online lottery sites legit?
Our gambling experts test and verify all the lottery sites that appear here on our page. This means that here you can only find reliable and trustworthy websites to claim lottery promotions from and buy tickets. They are all regulated and constantly verified by the authorities in charge, and they make sure that the algorithm that draws the winning numbers is working correctly and offers you fair winning chances.
The websites on this page come with a variety of other features that will keep you entertained and give you a good reason to come back.
How to choose the best online lottery promotion
We offer a wide range of promotions created by only the best lottery sites in Canada. When you pick the one for you, you should consider the bonus types available. You may find:
- Jackpot boosters – these promotions do precisely what they say they do – they boost the jackpot, allowing you to play for a bigger prize. You get to pick your boost, and each comes with a small fee;
- Free lottery tickets – some gaming websites offer welcome bonuses that match your deposit and also offer you free online lottery tickets. If this is the type of promotion you are looking for, choose the one that provides more tickets. For a variety of other welcome bonuses and packages, check out our welcome bonuses page;
- The lottery syndicate deals – these allow you to play numerous lines for a specific lottery or numbers, even over 1000 lines. Then, you will receive a share of the winnings on any of the chosen lines. The more lines there are in the syndicate, the more winning chances.
These are some of the lottery promotions you will find here, but there are many types out there. Our experts are constantly looking for them and testing them in order to bring you even more top-notch bonuses.
Now that you know some of the popular promotion types, you should keep in mind that your preferences are the most important. Therefore, when you make your choice, choose what would make you the happiest. However, do not forget to always read the Terms and Conditions for every website and promotion. This is very important, as the experience you will have is strongly dependent on the terms you need to abide by.
Why do you need our deals
All the promotions we offer are legit and have been put through various tests to ensure they are fair and working. But this is not the only reason why you should get your promotion from us. Here is why you need our deals:
- We offer you complete guidance in claiming the offer, and we give you all the information right in the description box. That way, you know what the deal requires before you even read the Terms and Conditions. Check out our new casinos list for reviews on the latest gaming websites;
- We review casinos and lottery websites and give you a full 360 view on what they have to offer, what they lack, and give you tips on how to make your experience better;
- The vast majority of the platforms you can find on our website are fully mobile compatible, meaning you can claim deals and use them right from your mobile phone or tablet.
Read the casino review and claim your promotion from below and enjoy lots of fun!
Each day, more players play the lottery online in Canada, contributing to its rising popularity. Having a long history behind it, this game is easy to understand and play, and it requires no skills from the player. All you have to do is pick numbers and hope they are the winnings ones. However, to make things even more exciting for you, the top online lottery sites have come with generous promotions. Find yours below and join the fun!
★ 53% Off All Draw Bonanza
What’s Giant Lottos?
Since 2004, this site allows lottery fans from all around, Canadians included, to participate in the most popular local, national, and international draws. Over 20-opportunities are brought to you around the clock.
Pros: many jackpots draws, hefty FAQ section, safe encryption
Cons: phone support is not 24/7
It gives you a 53% off the price of a regular weekly bundle.
With this opportunity, you will get 10 tickets in one single bundle, buying a chance to 10 top lotteries from around the world (USA, France, Canada, Ireland, etc.). The maximum cash out is constantly changing, depending on that week's pool prize.
Tips for you:
- If you don’t win at any of the 10 draws, you get your minimum deposit back;
- You can check the results of the draws directly on the site;
- E-mail support for any inconvenience encountered;
- The games you qualify in are: Euro Millions, USA Powerball, Mega Millions, SuperEnaLotto, EuroJackpot, UK Lottery, Lotto 6aus49, Mega-Sena, Irish Lottery and Canada Lotto649.
★ 49% Off Cash4Life Lottery
Facts about Giant Lottos:
This site allows Canadian players like you to get legit tickets to lotteries worldwide that otherwise are unattainable. There are over 20 options from well-known countries like the US, the UK, Ireland, and many more.
Pros: unique entries to lotteries, user-friendly interface, contains many user reviews.
Cons: no Live Chat option for customer support.
What’s up with this promotion?
It offers you 49% off your first entry to the closest Cash4Life draw. If normally, a basic 3-sheet ticket would have cost you around C$40, with this promotion you’ll enter it will a little over C$17. Entries range from 3 sheets to up to 20 sheets depending on your preference.
- You have to play at least three quick-picks or manual picks to qualify;
- The jackpot goes up to C$7000000 for each draw; smaller prizes may get you to C$1000 for 20 years in a row;